- Absent-minded - Preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one’s immediate surroundings. Abstracted, daydreaming, inattentive, oblivious, forgetful.
- Abusive - Characterized by improper infliction of physical or psychological maltreatment towards another.
- Addict - One who is addicted to a compulsive activity. Examples: gambling, drugs, sex.
- Aimless - Devoid of direction or purpose.
- Alcoholic - A person who drinks alcoholic substances habitually and to excess.
- Anxious - Full of mental distress or uneasiness because of fear of danger or misfortune; greatly worried; solicitous.
- Arrogant - Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance. Inclined to social exclusiveness and who rebuff the advances of people considered inferior. Snobbish.
- Audacious - Recklessly bold in defiance of convention, propriety, law, or the like; insolent; braze, disobedient.
- Bad Habit - A revolting personal habit. Examples: picks nose, spits tobacco, drools, bad body odour.
- Bigmouth - A loud-mouthed or gossipy person.
- Bigot - One who is strongly partial to one’s own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.
- Blunt - Characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion. Frank, callous, insensitive, brusque.
- Bold - In a bad sense, too forward; taking undue liberties; over assuming or confident; lacking proper modesty or restraint; rude; impudent. Abrupt, brazen, cheeky, brassy, audacious.
- Callous - They are hardened to emotions, rarely showing any form of it in expression. Unfeeling. Cold.
- Childish - Marked by or indicating a lack of maturity; puerile.
- Complex - An exaggerated or obsessive concern or fear. (List specific complex.)
- Cruel - Mean to anyone or anything, without care or regard to consequences and feelings.
- Cursed - A person who has befallen a prayer for evil or misfortune, placed under a spell, or borne into an evil circumstance, and suffers for it. Damned.
- Dependent - Unable to exist, sustain oneself, or act appropriately or normally without the assistance or direction of another.
- Deranged - Mentally decayed. Insane. Crazy. Mad. Psychotic.
- Lang-8 (Journal in another language, be corrected by native speakers. Do the same for others by correcting them.)
- Polyglot Link
- FSI Language
- BBC Languages
- I Kinda Like Languages
- GLOSS (Foreign Language Institute)
- My Language Exchange
- So You Want to Learn a Language
- Mango Languages
- Learning with Texts
- South Asian Linguistics
- F*ckyeahsouthasia #Language
- Open Culture: Free Language Lessons (another masterlist)Reddit Threads:
SRS (Spaced Repetition flashcards):
- Memrise (Iphone/pad app available)
- Anki (droid/i-app avail)
- Skritter (Paid: Japanese/Chinese; i-app avail.)
Chinese (Mostly/All Mandarin):
- Chinese Grammar Wiki
- Fluent Flix
- Chinese Hacks
- Social Mandarin
- Hao Hao Report
- Hacking Chinese
- Reddit Resource List
- Why Chinese is so damn hard
- sugoideas, Taiwanese dramas
- Baidu radio, PRC radio stations
- Mac TV, Taiwan TV
- 中文字譜, site for making mnemonics
- Reviewing the Hanzi
- Perapera Chinese Firefox add on
- Better Chinese (Paid)
- China Sprout online retail
- Chinese Grammar (eh, looks dull)
- More Manhua
- Chinese Rage Comics
- English Slang in Chinese
- Sentence Structure / Particles / Modals
- Pleco for iPhone
- Chinese with Serge (he’s pretty clear)
- Review the Hanzi forum thread
- Nciku (search characters by drawing them)
- QQ international version / Weibo (Chinese “twitter”) / renren
- Apps: Mindsnacks Mandarin ($5, personal recommendation), Manhua Reader App, Pleco, Word Tracer Learn Chinese, Chinese with Pengyou Pal
- Books I own: (Far East) Illustrated 300 Chinese Character Dictionary, Reading and Writing Chinese (Tuttle), Chinese Link (favorite textbook so far), Integrated Chinese (Not as good as Chinese Link imho. Less organized/structured in a good format), Basic Spoken Chinese (Tuttle), Schaum’s Chinese GrammarGujarati:Hindi:
Indonesian - Bhasa Indonesian:
- Hangul Type Attack
- Seemile (Also learn Chinese)
- Talk to Me in Korean
- My Korean 1 & 2
- Busy Atom
- Korean Wiki - Hangul
- Grammar Dictionary
- Radio Korea
- Songang Korean Program
- Hulu Kdramas
- Airang “I Love Korean”
- Seoul National University Korean Crash Course
- Apps: Korean Letters Lite App (Free/Paid available), Korean Study Buddy App, Learn Sounds of Korean App (currently free)
- Korean Champ
- Korean Class 101
- Hangukdrama and Korean
- Learn Korean
- Resource List (Also Japanese)
- Books: Integrated Korean (Common textbook, friends used/liked it for class), Learn Korean for Beginner’s (Tuttle), Basic Korean: A Grammar and Workbook.
- All Japanese All the Time (AJATT method; perhaps worth a read for other languages)
- So You Want to Learn Japanese…
- Perapera Firefox add on
- Reviewing the Kanji
- Tae Kim’s Guide to Learning Japanese / The app
- Beginner’s Guide
- Kanji Damage
- Tofugu / Textfugu (Some-Paid)
- Rikaichan FF/Chrome
- Lingualift (Paid)
- I Know! (Paid)
- Nihon Shock ($25)
- Tagorin Dictionary
- Read the Kanji
- Nihongo Dekimasu
- Before Breakfast
- Kotodama Typing Game
- Real Kana
- The Japanese Page
- All Kana Aesop’s Fables (Practice translating)
- Manga RAWs
- Apps: Kana iphone/ipad app (all Japanese game), Ninja worlds (free/paid $3 app), Human Japanese (Free/$10)
- How to Read Manga/Watch anime (and understand) in 2 years
- Pastebin Reddit Resources
- Pera Pera Penguin
- Nihongo e na
- Jbox Study items
- Other Books: Remembering the KanjiMalay:
- Learn Thai
- Learning Thai
- TV Method Thai (Immersion oral learning)
- Learning Thai
- Women Learn Thai
— Check the detailed Resources Page.So You Want to Learn… List:
- Ainu, Arabic, Azerbaijani (Azeri), Balinese, Bengali, Burmese (Myanmar), Cantonese (Yue), Cebuano, Fuzhou (Foochow), Gujarati, Hakka, Hindi, Hmong, Indonesian, Japanese, Javanese (Basa Jawa/Jawi), Kannada, Kashmiri, Kazakh, Khmer (Cambodian), Korean, Kyrgyz, Lao, Malay (Melayu), Malayalam. Mandarin (Chinese), Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Oriya, Pashto, Persian (Farsi, Dari, Tajik/Tajiki), Punjabi (Panjabi), Shanghainese (Wu), Sindhi, Sinhala (Singhalese), Tagalog (Filipino, Pilipino)
Taiwanese (Minnan, Southern Min, Hokkien), Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Turkmen, Urdu, Uyghur (Uighur), Uzbek, Vietnamese
- Tumblr tags: #learning _________
- Can I become Fluent in ______ in ______ months/weeks/days?
No. You can’t.
- Can I learn Japanese from just watching Anime/Korean from Kpop/Chinese from Wuxia films?
Not on your life. Do you only speak the english you know from Spongebob? N’SYNC? The 300? Didn’t think so.
- What about Rosetta Stone?
For $180-$399 dollars? Are you insane? The program is built to teach you the Romantic languages. If you buy Rosetta stone for $400, and pass up every free resource on this list, I doubt your desire to actually learn anything. Don’t do it to yourself. That is a lot of money you probably won’t get back.
- But I heard that Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Arabic/etc is really difficult:
Well if over a billion Chinese people can speak Chinese, why can’t you? No really, don’t let something like this bother you. No, this is not the ease of moving from a English to a Romance language or German, but hey, if you wanted to learn German (and all those ridiculous cases) you’d be doing that.
- But what about ______?
I have knowledge on resources mostly limited to JPN/CHI/KOR classes. This is a participatory list, which I am more than grateful to take submissions for.I repost this every two weeks whether I need to or not. It too good not to and the original compiler deserves that much respect.
- Leftover inconveniences (braces, casts, etc.)
- Renewable energy
- Creative attempts at fuel
- Increased infant mortality
- Change in hierarchy (laborers more important than white-collar workers, etc.)
- New governmental structures
- Mercenary groups
- Formation of new states
- Formation of non-state groups
- Regrowth of land
- Lack of food security
- Reduction in gun usage (as ammunition runs out)
- Decrease in age of pregnancy and/or marriage (as life expectancy decreases)
- Direct effects of the apocalyptic event
- Increased multi-generational homes (as building houses becomes difficult again)
- Increased multi-family homes
- Attempts at sophisticated surgery with rudimentary tools
- Reduction in birth control
- General reduction in technology that requires sophisticated manufacturing
- Simple food
- Handmade clothing
- Clothing from animal products
- Houses built for natural lighting
- Attempted—and failed—swift adjustments to lack of technology
- Changes in views of morality
- Different types of law enforcement
- Changes in religion
- Attempted attachment to old societies
- Deliberate breakaways from old societies
- Attempts to cling on to old ideas of beauty despite changes in available beauty products
- Reduction in hygiene
- Increase in water-borne illnesses and parasites
- Lack of clean water
- Reduction in luxury goods
- Increase in homelessness
- Lack of communication capabilities
- Return to radio
- Lack of light pollution
- Attempted school systems
- Return to apprenticeship-style teaching
- Return to agricultural-style living
- Dealing with environmental fallout from apocalyptic event
- Dealing with environmental fallout from previous generations
It’s been quite some time since I made a new generator, so here’s an elf maker! If you do end up making a character with this, tag ‘characterdesigninspiration’ so I can check ‘em out!
To Play: Click and drag each gif or take a screenshot of the whole thing.
A virtual GOLDMINE of anatomy references for artists and sculptors, includes figure drawings, digital and traditional sculpts, scans and photos. One of my best finds ever, hands down.
SOME EFFECTS and stuff i use to color quickly/ to make flat colors a little less boring cause people asked
ALL DONE IN PHOTOSHOP THERE are like amillion more but i can’t fit it in LIES ON M SIDE
I STILL TAKE A LONG TIME TO DRAW OK looking abs HHahA SOBS AND LIES DOWN but yeah!! GO LOOK AND Some real life abs i promise you it’ll be ten times more helpful than my crude doodles!!
PLS TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF ASALT AND Hope this helps u out a little!!
practicing drawing some waltzes with a couple of random hiphop-ish poses at the end I LIKE DRAWING PEOPLE DANCING
not limited to the above examples and as always it’s best to google up some rl refs to get a hang of the general shape and how it fits on a head!